Here's how we support you
- A competitive salary
- 33.5 hour week
- Half day, work from home Fridays
- Realistic project deadlines
- Excellent work/life balance
- A budget for support and training
- Frequent screen breaks
- Free breakfast every day
- Monthly meals and drinks out as a team
- A seaside location
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Free eye tests
We are looking for a versatile Digital Designer to join the Si digital studio based in Southsea, Portsmouth to assist the design team on a broad range of projects for existing clients like the Co-op, Hasbro, Wightlink and Lendy as well as new clients that come through the door.
Who are we? We’re a blend of creative and technical, a down to earth bunch who like the odd game of ping pong, a blast around the Mario Kart track and a hack project every now and again.
What will your day-to-day look like?
Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be working on a mix of new and existing projects with clients. When a new project lands, you will work collaboratively with the team and our clients to understand their challenges, company and audience to create design outcomes that meet business objectives and that are validated by real people.
Helping to support our clients with design
You will also work with our existing clients who we support day-to-day, analysing website performance, building an understanding of the ever-changing user needs then working on design outcomes to help further improve the user experience and meet client KPI’s. On both new and existing projects, you will work not only within the design team but closely with our development team, ensuring your vision is seen through to live, interactions are flawless and your design is output at the highest possible standard.
Having fun and being versatile
We like to have some fun when designing, both client and in-house projects give us the opportunity to tell stories, create fun illustrations, icons or work on animations that will accompany campaigns or new projects. Versatility is so important to the role, on Monday you might be wearing your UX hat then on Wednesday, you could be illustrating potatoes, frogs or ducks (all of which we’ve done). Every day can be different in terms of project or medium.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone with agency experience and a strong portfolio.
- Experience using design applications such as Figma, Sketch and Creative Suite to produce user interfaces, graphics and illustrations. After Effects is a bonus.
- A keen interest in User Experience Design and a desire to understand user needs and analyse data that can help drive design outcomes to meet business objectives.
- Good communication skills both verbally and written. You’re able to talk confidently about your designs to the team and clients. You’re able to assist with documentation to support research and design.
- Versatility. You’re a multi-skilled and agile person who enjoys a mix of disciplines.
- You enjoy working in an open studio environment, collaborating with all team members on projects or just over coffee.
- You’re a proactive person with a burning desire to create. Ideas are encouraged and nothing is ever too crazy! Just see some of our hack projects.
If you feel you are the right person for this role please get in touch with a copy of your CV, relevant links to your portfolio and a cover letter explaining why you should join the Si digital team.
Plan your project